- How in the world do you love someone who is so stubborn it irritates you?
- How do we love someone who belittles us and our work?
- How do we love someone who doesn’t see how much they hurt us?
- How do we love someone who is selfish?
- How do we love someone who is not interested in our needs?
- How do we love someone who isn’t interested in getting to know who we are?
These are just some of the questions that I ask myself on a daily basis. Most importantly I’ve been praying and asking God these questions. In the midst of my current fast, I remembered that a year ago I had bought a book called The Love Dare.
I knew that I knew! That this was a God-given thought/reminder that at this stage in my life I desperately need to dare to love my husband.
“Dare to love the unlovable”
I was overcome by hope for a moment, but at the same time I knew that I will have to put in some work and do many things that I might not want to do. I know that in this season in my marriage, God wants to change my heart.
- God wants to teach me how to have mercy when I do not want to.
- God wants to teach me that love is a daily decision rather than an emotion.
- God wants to teach me how to forgive my husband, but most importantly how to make it a lifestyle because my husband will always hurt me whether it’s intentional or unintentional. It’s inevitable so why not forgive regularly, but I must learn how to do so.
- God wants to teach me that in order to have that strong, solid marriage processes are required for both of us to grow and mature, both spiritually and emotionally.
I believe that it’s time to fight for our marriages. It’s time that we change the huge statistics of broken homes. We need to understand that the process is necessary. Each life process is necessary.
- Through our process God wants to make us strong.
- Through our process God wants to show up in our weaknesses.
- Through our processes God wants to build our character.
- Through our processes God wants to increase our courage.
- Through our processes God wants to show us how to love and how to trust in Him.
If you’re going through what I’m going through reach out to me. You’re not alone. Let’s do this love dare together. Woman! Your marriage is destined to show God’s love, mercy and power to the world.
“We must trust God’s plan for our lives”
Your marriage is worth it and it’s time to love the unlovable.
Thank you for reading and God bless!
Follow me on Instagram 🙂
P.S I will be sharing how it’s going as I complete the The Love Dare chapter by chapter. If you’ve decided to do it too, email me I would love to know how it’s going for you. This is a journey and should not have to do it alone.