It’s crazy how society criticizes someone like me.
Allow me to explain…
If a group of married women are talking about sex fantasies with different men and they were also talking about divorce. I noticed that to speak such things is viewed as normal and acceptable.
If someone like me, married and committed to her husband, talks about choosing to be blind to…
- Other men aside from my husband
- Sex toys
- Strip clubs
We are viewed as weird and abnormal. What’s worse is that I’m criticized for wanting to have a clean mind. I’m criticized for wanting to maintain a pure and wonderful marriage without the pollution of having other men in my mind.
Is there something wrong with wanting to create a marriage that does not rely on porn to “spice up the relationship” when it’s a lie, it really doesn’t make anything better in the long run.
22 The eye is the lamp of the body. You draw light into your body through your eyes, and light shines out to the world through your eyes. So if your eye is well and shows you what is true, then your whole body will be filled with light. 23 But if your eye is clouded or evil, then your body will be filled with evil and dark clouds.
- Is there something wrong with wanting to shut out third parties from my bond with my husband??
- Is there something wrong with not supporting going to strip clubs to watch these poor women strip down and watch as they seduce my husband??
- Is there really something wrong with not wanting to introduce sex toys into my marital sex life?
- Is there really something wrong with wanting to keep our sex life free from painful sex acts?
Why are women like me criticized for choosing to be blind to all of this depravity?
The world is upside down I tell you. I won’t lie. There was a time when I thought that porn, sex toys and sexual fantasies with other men were normal, but the more I have come to understand the true beauty in marriage, in parenting and in growing a family and in our overall life, the more I come to find that it’s very far away from true love.
If you are like me. I’m here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with choosing to protect your mind from being polluted with sexual thoughts that don’t involve your spouse.
There is nothing wrong with being careful with the images you choose to refrain from watching.
To get close to knowing what true love looks like is…
- Subtracting anything that can come between you and your spouse.
- Subtracting porn-saturated things because with time porn leads men, especially, to view women as objects that serve the purpose of satisfying selfish needs.
- Subtracting the idea of divorce forces both people in a marriage to work on themselves thus improving the marriage
- Subtracting the idea of having sex with other men eliminates the possibility of an affair taking place because affairs occur from a seed of a thought.
“Everything starts with a thought”
There is beauty and value in a woman who chooses to pursue a clean mind and pure heart. So, don’t feel alone sister. You are not alone. I’m with you and I too choose to be blind to all the lies and the garbage that our society tries to feed us. I fight everyday to keep my mind clean and my eyes focused on Christ. #ichooseblindness
Thank you for reading. God bless you.
Follow me on Instagram 🙂